Oman has stated that VAT will come into effect in Sultanate of Oman from April 2021, which means that all registered businesses in Oman will have to levy 5% VAT on their goods to customers. VAT Registration in OMAN will start from April 2021, All companies above 38,500 OMR, needs to do mandatory VAT registration in OMAN.
The Below Table Shows the business categories, timeline for registration and effective registration time
|Business||Registration Time Line||Effective Registration Time|
|Business exceeding supply value 1,000,000 OMR||1st Feb 2021 to 15th March 2021||16th April 2021|
|Business exceeding supply value 500,000 OMR to 1,000,000 OMR||1st April 2021 to 31st May 2021||1st July 2021|
|Business exceeding supply value 250,000 OMR to 499,999 OMR||1st July 2021 to 31 August 2021||1st October 2021|
|Business exceeding supply value 38,500 OMR to 249,999 OMR||1st Dec 2021 to 28th Feb 2022||1st April 2022|
Steps to do VAT Registration in OMAN
- STEP 1: Check if you are included in the vat registration
- STEP 2: Find the supplies that needs to be register for VAT in OMAN
- STEP 3: Calculate the financial value of the supplies
- STEP 4: Sum up the values and confirm the deadline from the above table.
- STEP 5: Apply for VAT Registration.
You can utilize our VAT Registration Service in OMAN, Our expert team will help you regarding any accounting and vat services in OMAN